Blogger Layouts

Friday, February 3, 2012

A little on the lighter side

Well while the title would indicate this is gonna be another post about weight loss it is soooo far from that.  So far in my blogging life, my post have been deep.  So today I am going to try my hand at posting a picture.  This past weekend, we went to Columbia for a conference for Missouri Fairs and Festivals.  Attending the conference every year is Leroy Van Dyke.  He is a famous (and I will use that lightly - because unless you are a huge fan of OLD country music or are an auctioneer you probably have never heard of him) Missourian.  He is a singer/songwriter and auctioneer.  Anyway, my father in law is a HUGE fan of him.  Enough that he performed at the Cass County Fair several years ago and well lets just say it wasn't a very young crowd. (hehee)  So my in laws insist that each one of my kids have their pictures with him..... I can't find the digital image of T1. Her first Fairs & Festivals event she was 4 months old. But here is our T2 ~ he is 7 months old!

So not to leave T1 out since it is not her fault I can't find her picture with Leroy Van Dyke, here she is with the other "Tyne".  Tyne Morgan was the Missouri State Fair Queen in 2006 - she attended the Fairs and Festivals Conference in 2007 and we had the opportunity to have the two Tyne's photographed together. 



T1 obviously has taken better pictures (but in her defense we found out the next day she had her very first ear infection).  However Tyne Morgan is as beautiful as ever.  Miss Tyne was a friend of my brothers that he met thru FFA (I might add FFA creates many life long friendships-encourage your kids to get involved in it in high school!).  When we found out we were having a girl and knew that our baby's name would have the initials TCW I instantly thought of Miss Tyne.  We couldn't have picked a better name.  It is so fitting for our T1 and I can only hope that she grows up to be just as spectacular as her counterpart she was named after!!  I might add that I am friends with Miss Tyne on Facebook and she just got a once in a lifetime job ~ so check her out as the anchor on AgDay (its a National TV show)

Now that it appears I have successfully uploaded and posted pictures ~ I promise to share more of the kiddos and be a little more light hearted on occasion!

Happy Friday!
Nici

No comments:

Post a Comment