Blogger Layouts

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Where does the time go?

If you have kids the phrase "they grow up so fast" is repeated approximately 3,582 times in the first year of their little lives.  And honestly I get it ~ they do grow up fast and as I get older time does seem to speed up, but let's face it folks there are 24 hours in every day, 60 minutes in an hour and 60 seconds in a minute.  EVERY DAY..... So with that being said, time is flying!!!  My baby boy is 8 months old today!!! His personality is changing all of the time.  He has become a little emotional ~ if he is playing on the floor and you walk by without picking him up or give him a new toy he has a total melt down.  I admit I have snickered a time or TEN!  He gets so worked up when he isn't center of attention (oh Lord help us!) He tries to crawl, but is just not getting it.  He prefers to roll to where ever he needs to go :-)  I was so happy that I finally had a baby that was a good eater and loved his bottle (unlike his sister) but he seems to be following in her footsteps as now that he eats off of a spoon, he is quickly loosing interest in the bottle.  (Great for weaning, not so great for keeping him on formula until the age of 1) He is talking up a storm, babbling away and is starting to match sounds with items - he knows that baabaa is his bottle and momma/dadda.  He has also realized that clapping your hands produces a sound and is fascinated with such.  A friend of mine has a blog you can find it here and she would give her kids birth story on their birthdays.  I thought about doing that today, but I will wait till T2 is one.  I am going to steal the idea (hope she is okay with it) because all to often we might forget the little details of that glorious day when our kiddos come into this world and those are memories that I don't want to forget.  But for the time being, happy 8 months to the little boy that has completed our family.  God knew the perfect timing for him to join us and we could not be happier.  He has brought so much joy into our lives and for that we could not be more grateful.
Here is a picture of our baby boy at 9 days old thanks to my friend Christy at ChristyBPhotography!

Nici

No comments:

Post a Comment