Blogger Layouts

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Not doing this alone

I did read thru my post from just the other day before I published it ~ however after reading it again and stewing on it for most of the evening I felt a little disheartened with what I wrote.  This blog is for me - it is for me to record my feelings to get me thru this little journey called life.  It's for me to figure out how to post some pictures of my kiddos as I watch them grow up so fast right in front of my eyes.  I have never been a journal keeper or never had a diary under lock and key ~ But as I get older I don't want to forget certain things. 
I just felt my post gave off a persona of some self help that I can do this on my own.  And that is so far from the fact.  I find my self praying (rambling) to God more now than probably ever.  Several years ago when we were going thru some struggles with adding to our family I found a verse that helped me get thru some of those days that were sooooo hard.  And while each day brings trials and tribulations big and small this verse seems to fit me ~

Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding.  In all your ways acknowledge Him and He shall direct your paths.  Proverbs 3:5,6

When we wanted a baby so bad and everyone around seemed to be getting pregnant I read this verse probably 40 times a day.  I had to realize that God didn't intend for me to always understand his reasoning but I had to learn to trust that I had very little control over this situation. (And if you know anything about me, I am kinda a little controlish, a little OCD and very much a leader.)  God did know what was perfect for our family and it was to bring our little Truman into our lives.  We were so easily and quickly blessed with Tyne (on the schedule I had planned) and yet Truman came on God's schedule and it couldn't have been more perfect. 

Probably about a year ago we did a bible study at church during Sunday School on different religions and their beliefs.  We did touch on these self help books and finding all your answers thru inner peace.  And while I feel that I can find strength inside to make it thru small tasks or to finish the last 30 seconds of a run or to avoid a cupcake temptation, most of my weaknesses I leave in prayer.  I KNOW that I can not even come close to battling life's challenges with out my Lord and Savior ~ I am not a "good" pray-er. But I am an avid one, I sometimes wonder if I give God a good chuckle sometimes with my ramblings.  As I am sure some of you six or seven that read this will get a chuckle or two of my crazy ramblings.
Remember to Pray often,
Nici

No comments:

Post a Comment